- Product Name: Luteolin
- Alternative Names: 3′,4′,5,7-Tetrahydroxyflavone
- Description: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and free radical scavenger
- Purity:≥98% (HPLC)
- Type of Compound: Flavonoids
- Physical Description: Light-Yellow Fine Powder
- Herb source: Arachis hypogaea L
- Part Used: Shell
Luteolin is one of a group of substances called bioflavonoids (specifically, a flavanone), known for their powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Commonly found in celery, green pepper, and artichokes, luteolin is thought to inhibit the growth of tumors. Other foods rich in luteolin include thyme, chamomile tea, carrots, olive oil, peppermint, rosemary, oregano, basil, parsley, dandelion, and lemons. As such, luteolin is considered an aid in the treatment and prevention of cancer.
Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and free radical scavenger. Inhibits LPS-induced TNF-α, IL-6 and inducible nitric oxide production and blocks NF-κB and AP-1 activation. Also inhibits TNF-α -induced COX-2 expression. Antiproliferative and chemopreventative; inhibits proliferation of Lewis lung carcinoma cells in vivo.
- Luteolin powder has the function of anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-virus.2.
- Luteolin has anti-tumor effect. Especially having a good inhibition on prostate cancer and breast cancer.
- Luteolin has the function of relaxing and protecting vascular.
- Luteolin can reduce the level of hepatic fibrosis and protect liver cells from damage.
- Luteolin has strong powerful antioxidant effect.
- Luteolin has the effect of antiallergic.
- Luteolin can lower the uric acid and promot uric acid excretion.
- Applied in health product field as raw material, luteolin powder is made into capsules with the function of vasodilatation.
- Applied in pharmaceutical field, luteolin can play the role of inflammation.
- Luteolin can be applied in cosmetic field as raw materials.